WDH Foundation Events & News
The Great Hospital Race
Grab a teammate and train up! We’re gearing up for our sixth annual Great Hospital Race! Race on foot around Wingham completing fun, sporty, messy and silly challenges. This event will go rain, shine or snow! A great time for a great cause!
October 20, 2018
The CKNX Health Care Heroes Radiothon
Get ready to listen and pledge! Eight local hospital foundations and CKNX will get together to host a unique all-day fundraiser at the CKNX Radio Station building in Wingham, Ontario. All you have to do is listen, pick up your phone and call to donate to the WDH Foundation. Stay tuned! For up to date information, click on this link to go the CKNX website.
Hospital Community Events
Every Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the Community Room at the Wingham Healthcare Campus (former Public School on John Street). Hosted by the Ladies Auxiliary. For information, contact Trudy Thompson at 519-357-2349 or Verna Steffler at 519-357-1184.
Golf Ball Drop Lottery
$800 in prizes! Draw date June 2018. Tickets are $5 each or 3 for $10. Hosted by Physician Recruitment. For more information, contact Jan McKague-Weishar at 519-357-3711 x5294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Funding Priority – Project Overview
Renovation, expansion and equipment upgrades for 6 departments:
- Specialists Clinic
- Where visiting specialist like paediatrician, ENT/otolaryngologist, gynecologist, urologist, internist, gastroenterologist and cardiologist practice
- New reception and waiting room
- Expansion from 4 exam rooms to 7 exam rooms
- Oncology & Pharmacy
- Expansion from 6 treatment areas to 9 (to meet annual increase in cancer diagnoses)
- Move adjacent to pharmacy to reduce travel of dangerous drugs
- Outdoor patio accessible to patients
- Inpatient Floor / Nursing
- 3 small nursing stations consolidated into one streamlined nursing station
- More space for nurse and doctor work stations Addition of 2 monitored beds
- Surgical Suite
- Consolidation of pre-op, operating room and recovery beds onto one floor
- Upgrade of anaesthetic machine
- Sterilization Department
- Expand from one room to 3 rooms with one way flow from cleaning to packing to sterilizing
- Diagnostic Imaging Equipment Replacement
- X-Ray, Ultrasound, medical gasses, Fluroscopy
- Department refurbishment
CLINIC AT ROYAL OAKS HEALTH AND WELLNESS CENTRE
Community members were welcomed to the new medical clinic at the Royal Oaks Health & Wellness Centre in June. All physicians and staff are now settled into the new clinic space. The clinic is fully operational.
ONCOLOGY & PHARMACY
Work continues on the demolition of the former business offices, terrace room and physio gym in preparation for the construction of the new Oncology and Pharmacy departments. This includes additional supportive structural work. It is anticipated that the new areas will be completed early in the new year.
A bright new waiting area is now open on the first floor. This area had previously been under construction. As part of the plan to create better access to patient services on the main floor this waiting room was created to provide a comfortable space for rehab, speech therapy and social work patients.
ADMINISTRATIVE AREA RENOVATION
The former medical clinic space in the basement of the Hospital is in the progress of being renovated into much needed meeting space. As part of the effort to improve access to patient services on the first floor the administrative and meeting spaces that formerly occupied the first floor were displaced. If tasks remain on schedule, staff could possibly be moving in to their new offices in early October.
Catch Up on Past WDH Foundation News