$15,000 Donation from Joe Kerr Limited to Benefit OR
Joe Kerr Limited continues their tradition of strong support for local healthcare with a $15,000 donation to the Wingham & District Hospital Foundation. This generous gift will help fund new scopes for our OR. Over 2,000 surgical procedures take place at our hospital annually. Keeping this active department outfitted with up to date technology is vital to continuing to providing high quality healthcare close to home. This donation will make a big difference for many surgical patients.
The Wingham & District Hospital Foudation extends a sincere thank you to Murray Kerr, Andrew Kerr and the entire team at Joe Kerr Limited.
Leaving a Legacy – Ken Mewhinney
The Wingham & District Hospital Foundation is grateful to receive a $3,000 bequest from the Estate of Ken Mewhinney. Presenting the donation are Ken’s siblings Linda Hunter, Kathy Nicholson and Dave Mewhinney.
Ken grew up in Lucknow, was a lifelong farmer and spent the better part of 30 years working for Bennett Farms in Gorrie. His siblings describe him as hardworking and someone who was active in his community. Ken enjoyed curling, broomball and baseball. He also served on several community committees in Lucknow including the 4-H Club and the Ag Society.
Estate gifts are an important part of safeguarding high quality local healthcare for many generations to come. Leaving a gift in your will strikes a balance between protecting the financial security of loved ones while investing in the future of your community. Consider speaking to your lawyer and/or financial planner about leaving a gift in your will to the WDH Foundation.
The WDH Foundation is deeply appreciative of Ken’s gift and his siblings’ graciousness in facilitating the donation. His generosity will make a difference to patience at our hospital for many years to come.
Howick Mutual Insurance, H Creates, Huron Tractor, Investors Group – Carter & Associates, Rintoul’s Pool & Spas, MicroAge Basics, Libro Credit Union, Britespan Building Systems, Corteva Agriscience, Agriculture Division of DowDupont, Clinton Raceway, RJ Burnside, Keil-Dadson Insurance, Lucknow Pharmasave, Wingham Optometry Clinic, Pentastic Motors, Gabel Electric, Parmasave Wingham, Brussels Transport Ltd., Royal Homes, Bormann’s Garage, TD Financial Group, Royal Oaks Remedy’s Rx, McDonald’s Wingham,
Jewelz Designs, New Orleans Pizza Wingham.
Janice Hallahan, BELGRAVE
- Friends $500 – $4,999
- Advocates $5,000 – $9,999
- Leaders $10,000 – $24,999
- Builders $25,000 – $49,999
- Champions $50,000 – $99,999
- Benefactors $100,000 – $249,999
- Visionaries $250,000 +
- Renovation of Operating Suite and Sterilization Department
- Laparoscopic Tower
- Ultrasound Department Refresh (stage 1 planning)
- ECG Machine
- IV Pumps
- TVs for Oncology Unit
- Patient lift (thanks to the Auxiliary)
- Patient chairs (thanks in part to the Auxiliary)
- Vital Signs Monitors (thanks to the Auxiliary
- OR Lighting
- Beds and mattresses
- Telemetry accessories
- Ice Machines
- Cast Cast
- Wound Cart
- IV Cart
- $1.6 million for major renovations including Oncology, Pharmacy, Nursing Station and imaging equipment
- Oncology furniture and technology
- In-Patient beds, mattresses and lifts (thanks to the Auxiliary)
- Medical electrical in-patient bath tub
- Transport ventilator
- Scope attachments (thanks to the Auxiliary)
- 3D Scope Navigation System
- Stress Test Machine
- Endoscopic Tower
- Digital radiology & DI renos
- Construction of new Oncology & Pharmacy Departments
- Anaesthetic Machine w/ vital signs monitor
- Air mattresses (thanks to the WDH Auxiliary)
- Palliative lounge chair
- Portable defibrillator
- EMR carts
- Cardiac monitoring system
- 32 patient room TVs