Royal Canadian Legion Donation Supports Rehab Equipment
The Wingham & District Hospital Foundation is the recipient of a $4,395 grant provided by the Royal Canadian Legion Ontario Command Branches and Ladies’ Auxiliaries Charitable Foundation. This donation funds a new recumbent bike for the Physiotherapy Gym at the Wingham & District Hospital.
The addition of a recumbent bike will allow physiotherapy patients the opportunity to improve cardiovascular health, overall strength and endurance. The recumbent bike is senior friendly and is an important tool for the Rehab and Physiotherapy team to have access to. The use of a therapeutic recumbent bike can assist in recover from join replacement, stroke, injuries, and chronic pain. The Wingham & District Hospital Foundation is proud to partner with the Royal Canadian Legion Ontario Command once again to bring is important equipment to our community hospital.
The Royal Canadian Legion Charitable Foundation has a strong legacy of supporting healthcare. They have donated over $80,000 to the Wingham & District Hospital Foundation. This incredible generosity would not be possible without our local Legion branches in Wingham, Lucknow, Blyth, Howick and Brussels. The WDH Foundation extend sincere thanks to all the local Legions, their auxiliaries and to the Ontario Command. Thank you for recognizing the value of having quality healthcare close to home.
Leaving a Legacy – Ken Mewhinney
The Wingham & District Hospital Foundation is grateful to receive a $3,000 bequest from the Estate of Ken Mewhinney. Presenting the donation are Ken’s siblings Linda Hunter, Kathy Nicholson and Dave Mewhinney.
Ken grew up in Lucknow, was a lifelong farmer and spent the better part of 30 years working for Bennett Farms in Gorrie. His siblings describe him as hardworking and someone who was active in his community. Ken enjoyed curling, broomball and baseball. He also served on several community committees in Lucknow including the 4-H Club and the Ag Society.
Estate gifts are an important part of safeguarding high quality local healthcare for many generations to come. Leaving a gift in your will strikes a balance between protecting the financial security of loved ones while investing in the future of your community. Consider speaking to your lawyer and/or financial planner about leaving a gift in your will to the WDH Foundation.
The WDH Foundation is deeply appreciative of Ken’s gift and his siblings’ graciousness in facilitating the donation. His generosity will make a difference to patience at our hospital for many years to come.
Howick Mutual Insurance, H Creates, Huron Tractor, Investors Group – Carter & Associates, Rintoul’s Pool & Spas, MicroAge Basics, Libro Credit Union, Britespan Building Systems, Corteva Agriscience, Agriculture Division of DowDupont, Clinton Raceway, RJ Burnside, Keil-Dadson Insurance, Lucknow Pharmasave, Wingham Optometry Clinic, Pentastic Motors, Gabel Electric, Parmasave Wingham, Brussels Transport Ltd., Royal Homes, Bormann’s Garage, TD Financial Group, Royal Oaks Remedy’s Rx, McDonald’s Wingham,
Jewelz Designs, New Orleans Pizza Wingham.
Janice Hallahan, BELGRAVE
- Friends $500 – $4,999
- Advocates $5,000 – $9,999
- Leaders $10,000 – $24,999
- Builders $25,000 – $49,999
- Champions $50,000 – $99,999
- Benefactors $100,000 – $249,999
- Visionaries $250,000 +
- Renovation of Operating Suite and Sterilization Department
- Laparoscopic Tower
- Ultrasound Department Refresh (stage 1 planning)
- ECG Machine
- IV Pumps
- TVs for Oncology Unit
- Patient lift (thanks to the Auxiliary)
- Patient chairs (thanks in part to the Auxiliary)
- Vital Signs Monitors (thanks to the Auxiliary
- OR Lighting
- Beds and mattresses
- Telemetry accessories
- Ice Machines
- Cast Cast
- Wound Cart
- IV Cart
- $1.6 million for major renovations including Oncology, Pharmacy, Nursing Station and imaging equipment
- Oncology furniture and technology
- In-Patient beds, mattresses and lifts (thanks to the Auxiliary)
- Medical electrical in-patient bath tub
- Transport ventilator
- Scope attachments (thanks to the Auxiliary)
- 3D Scope Navigation System
- Stress Test Machine
- Endoscopic Tower
- Digital radiology & DI renos
- Construction of new Oncology & Pharmacy Departments
- Anaesthetic Machine w/ vital signs monitor
- Air mattresses (thanks to the WDH Auxiliary)
- Palliative lounge chair
- Portable defibrillator
- EMR carts
- Cardiac monitoring system
- 32 patient room TVs